Remnants of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An adventure-based RWBY Role Playing forum for the masses.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dock Heist

+3
iNDiC8
Orwell Onikisu
Coral Erif
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Dock Heist Empty Dock Heist Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:32 am

Coral Erif

Coral Erif
Freshman
Freshman

Character Balance Test

This is not officially occuring. This is ensuring that all characters are fairly balanced and to ensure everyone knows what is going on. I repeat, this is not official storyline! -Ben Hammaar

Situation

In the dead of night, the White Fang strikes at a new shipment of Dust. Innumerable amount of White Fang members start to attach chords to the shipping containers in an attempt to steal as much Dust as possible. Beacon has been recently informed of the heist and are short on students to send and the White Fang has brought countermeasures in the form of Paladins and other fighters

Get your good characters ready to make an entrance and get your evil characters ready to stall or defeat the hunters

2Dock Heist Empty Re: Dock Heist Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:08 pm

Raquai Saarworth

Raquai Saarworth
Freshman
Freshman

Raquai perched on a rooftop, surveying operations. He wasn't interested in who won, but he was curious. Why were the White fang being so blatant with their operations. Couldn't they have waited until nightfall? He saw hunters and huntresses approaching from beacon and concealed himself. This could get interesting.

3Dock Heist Empty Re: Dock Heist Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:20 pm

iNDiC8

iNDiC8
Freshman
Freshman

Cæruleum slowly followed the group of hunters and huntresses, taking more care than the rest to survey his surroundings. He thought he saw a figure out of the corner of his eye on one of the many rooftops surrounding the docks but, when he turned to look, he couldn't see anything out of place. Already passing off the incident, he climbed on top of a group of storage containers, getting a good vantage point, from which he could see the full extent of the dust theft going on before him.

4Dock Heist Empty Re: Dock Heist Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:48 pm

Orwell Onikisu

Orwell Onikisu
Freshman
Freshman

Orwell stuck to the shadows as the group of Hunters and Huntresses moved as stealthily as possible. Orwell looked up as he saw a vague figure vanish into the shadows then he saw one hunter break from the Group and head for some containers. A good idea, he thought.

But if the White Fang had placed sniper on the rooftops many lives could be lost. Using the crowd he made his way to the building on the left  and quickly scrambled up to it's roof and positioned himself so that he could see the rooftops and the Fang below.

Last edited by Orwell Onikisu on Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total

5Dock Heist Empty Re: Dock Heist Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:01 pm

Coral Erif

Coral Erif
Freshman
Freshman

Aboard a Dust plane, the fiery red head stood with her weapon at the ready. An excited smile plastered on her face before jumping down, avoiding the bullets whizzing by her descent. Activating her weapon, claws emerged and covered her hands as she charged through the enemies. Swiping left and right, not letting anyone pass her unhurt.

Reaching a chord, Coral swiped down and severed the connection between the bullhead and the dust container.

"1 down, 12 to go!" The redhead shouted before using extending her left claw to form a shield and block the shots aimed at her.

Hunter Objective: Sever the chords or destroy the bullheads! Make sure the enemy gets as little dust as possible!

Enemy Objective: Protect the chords and the bullheads while they steal the dust containers! Hold off the Hunters until they do so!

6Dock Heist Empty Re: Dock Heist Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:08 pm

iNDiC8

iNDiC8
Freshman
Freshman

"Oh this is going to be fun" Cæruleum muttered to himself while loading in his custom explosive rounds to Umbra Caligo. He lay on his stomach, propping himself up with his elbows. He lined up the dust container, farthest away from the other students and fired. The bullet easily pierced the metal container and after a slight delay, the dust exploded, shredding the metal container and sending shrapnel into nearby White Fang members and the underside of the plane above it.

7Dock Heist Empty Re: Dock Heist Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:18 pm

Raquai Saarworth

Raquai Saarworth
Freshman
Freshman

Hijai sat on a rooftop overlooking the docks. She saw Raquai on another roof and gave a small wave to him. He wouldn't get involved, he wasn't interested in this. Technically she shouldn't get involved either, but she was getting bored and decided that everyone was taking the battle a little too casually. She started firing into the battle, not picking targets, just causing havok. She smiled slightly when she saw Raquai directing her projectiles toward various targets. Obviously he was bored too. she watched as one of her projectiles hit a medium sized canister of dust and made a sizable explosion. This would be entertaining.

8Dock Heist Empty Re: Dock Heist Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:37 pm

iNDiC8

iNDiC8
Freshman
Freshman

Cæruleum had another container lined up in his sights when a grenade flew from somewhere behind him and hit a medium sized container of dust near the one he had sighted, causing both to explode. He rolled over and brought himself into a crouching position, one hand on Dolor Oculto. In the darkness, he couldn't fully make out the figure on the roof, but he could make out the grenade launcher in her hands and that she appeared to be only a few years older than him. He waved to her, assuming she was an older student sent by the school to monitor the mission, and gestured for her to move up to where he was.

9Dock Heist Empty Re: Dock Heist Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:22 pm

Raquai Saarworth

Raquai Saarworth
Freshman
Freshman

Hijai frowned. Why was that student ignoring the explosions landing everywhere. He obviously thought she was a friend of some sort, gesturing for her to move up near him. HA! As if! She motioned at him to Raquai and her next shot was sent hurdling toward the figure.

10Dock Heist Empty Re: Dock Heist Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:30 pm

iNDiC8

iNDiC8
Freshman
Freshman

Cæruleum saw the girl raise her gun again and fire a grenade which unexplainably began flying towards him. He moved out of the path of the grenade, pulled out Dolor Oculto and fired 5 shots, 2 of which hit the grenade midair which caused it to detonate before finding its target. He picked up Umbra Caligo and began to charge away from the battle and towards the figure on the rooftop.

11Dock Heist Empty Re: Dock Heist Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:32 pm

CoolMusette

CoolMusette
Freshman
Freshman

Hiding in the deep shadows between two non-dust containing shipping container, Vladimir watches events unfold in the docks before him. A cowardly, screaming White Fang member darts into the alley to attempt to escape the explosions and guns firing farther away. Vlad reaches into his coat and pulls out a knife, which he promptly throws into the White Fang's jugular, and the screaming cuts off abruptly. He walks forward, picks up his knife, wipes the blood off on the shirt of the dead White Fang member, inspects the knife, puts it away, and continues watching, looking for a time to change the tide of battle at a critical period.

12Dock Heist Empty Re: Dock Heist Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:34 am

brennie42

brennie42
Freshman
Freshman

Sennen approaches the battle apprehensively, it's chaos of the worst kind. He can hardly tell who is friend and who is foe, what with all the garish costuming clashing across the docks. He notices a group of White Fang moving to a new section of shipping containers with a Bullhead in close support. Sennen fires a PILUM round at the Bullhead to slow it down, then starts hustling over to block the path of the ground troops.

13Dock Heist Empty Re: Dock Heist Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:56 am

Orwell Onikisu

Orwell Onikisu
Freshman
Freshman

Orwell drew Wayfarers Redemption activates gun mode and fired ice rounds at the cords of the nearest dust plane. The rounds hit there marks, the cords froze then snapped and fell to the ground with a loud CRASH.

As he turned to find another target, he saw the figure on the rooftop he had saw earlier, he was on the roof of the building across from him. The man was gesturing with his hands and moments later an explosion would occur. "So, you have a partner and you can direct his or her projectiles." He said aloud.

Suddenly he the student that had taken up a position on the containers dart to one of the buildings. Orwell switched his ammo from ice his custom Fire/Gravity rounds and fire on the figure.

14Dock Heist Empty Re: Dock Heist Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:37 pm

iNDiC8

iNDiC8
Freshman
Freshman

Cæruleum began scaling the rooftops, eventually reaching the building the girl was standing on. As he approached her with Dolor Oculto levelled at her head, he saw another figure, a man clearly older than him on a nearby rooftop moving his hands causing grenades to hit students and White Fang members alike. Not one to take risks he changed Umbra Caligo into its spear form then shouted "Drop the gun" at the girl.

15Dock Heist Empty Re: Dock Heist Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:41 am

Raquai Saarworth

Raquai Saarworth
Freshman
Freshman

(Raquai is still hidden, I doubt he would be noticed.)

Hijai saw the boy bounding across to her over the rooftops. "Oh! A playmate! But her smile dropped a bit when she read his intentions. Hostile? Really? She was hoping to act like an ally for a bit longer. Oh well. She transformed her grenade launcher into an axe as he approached and swung it around experimentally for a bit. "Have you come to play pretty boy?"

16Dock Heist Empty Re: Dock Heist Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:57 am

iNDiC8

iNDiC8
Freshman
Freshman

(He was seen from someone on the ground some distance away, I am just going off that)

"Some backup would be lovely" Cæruleum thought to himself "But, if I can distract her long enough, the others will have time do their job". Cal smiled while selecting a pouch of dust from his ammo belt with his left hand. He smiled, Dolor still aimed at her in his right hand and asked "Would such a beautiful lady be willing to share her name before things get ... messy"

17Dock Heist Empty Re: Dock Heist Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:57 am

Raquai Saarworth

Raquai Saarworth
Freshman
Freshman

Hijai grinned, "I am terribly afraid that I cannot. See, that would give you the advantage of me and that we could not have." She noted his left hand doing.... something, likely loading a cartridge of some sort. She started to slowly back up. "Well, I am terribly sorry, but I see no advantage to continuing this encounter at his location and at this point of our chronology, and so I will bid you farewell." As she said the final word she stepped of the rooftop they were standing on and took off running through the alleys.

Raquai saw Hijai running and smiled. He hopped off of his roof as well and ran to meet her, ducking through shadows and behind corners, taking great care not to be seen.

18Dock Heist Empty Re: Dock Heist Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:13 am

iNDiC8

iNDiC8
Freshman
Freshman

Cæruleum put the small pouch of dust back into his ammo belt. "I'm glad I didn't have to use this" he thought while setting up Umbra Caligo and laying down next to it. This time Cal decided against using explosive rounds, instead loading in his regular .308 caliber bullets. He chose one of the containers very close by to him and began firing bullets at the pilot of the plane above it. He picked off the pilot and then began firing at random White Fang members.

19Dock Heist Empty Re: Dock Heist Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:16 pm

Orwell Onikisu

Orwell Onikisu
Freshman
Freshman

(Sorry my bad Raquai  I must have missed that he was hidden. But since you've fled the scene I'll just roll with it if that is ok and pay more attention in the future.)

Orwell cursed under his breath, one of his rounds had jammed in his gun. The round must be bent. he thought as he removed the round. He looked up but the figure was gone he looked for the student that ran a to the rooftops and he was relived to he that was alive he'd might have to get to know that guy.

Orwell rose to his feet then jumped onto the containers below and shot down a couple of White Fang members suddenly he heard the sound feet, giant  metallic feet. He looked up and saw an Atlasen Paladin!

"How did they get there hands on one of those?" Orwell took aim and fired his rounds knocked the mech back a few paces but the pilot recovered  returned fire. Orwell jumped from the container but the blast from the Dust container threw him off balance and he hit the ground hard.

The air whooshed out of him and as he struggled to rise, members of the Fang began to close in on him.

Last edited by Orwell Onikisu on Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

20Dock Heist Empty Re: Dock Heist Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:20 pm

Coral Erif

Coral Erif
Freshman
Freshman

The young huntress in training switched her right claw to it's minigun form and showered her adversaries with a hail of bullets before dashing to cover. The tell tale signs of missiles being launched made her blanch before running the opposite direction of the sound. The redhead jumped, winding up her gun and proceeds to shoot every single projectile out of the air.

Her eyes widened in shock to see a Paladin stand not too far off with it's blaster charging up. The laser shot towards her, using her semblance not enough to completely avoid it and nicked her ankle, driving her aura down.

"I can't take this on by myself..." She thought before unloading on the mecha with little to no effect. She wished she had restocked on her red-dust bullets before coming here.

Eyes darting amidst the chaos, she saw a brown haired man facing off a black haired girl with a scar. The rifle of the man caught her eye before she saw a large container being held by a crane above the Paladin.

"Hey buddy! Mind shooting that!?" Coral shouted to get his attention whilst pointing at the container. An explosion caught her ears before she saw a fellow hunter-in-training getting surrounded, not wanting to leave the Paladin unattended the girl loaded up her minigun and fired at the White Fang members surrounding him whislt being careful not to hit him.

21Dock Heist Empty Re: Dock Heist Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:02 pm

iNDiC8

iNDiC8
Freshman
Freshman

While Cal was picking off White Fang members he heard a voice shouting at him. He aimed in the direction of the voice and saw another student shooting at enemies surrounding a downed student. He began lining up a shot at the White Fang members surrounding the student when the he sound of a laser charging drew his eyes to see an Atlasean Paladin preparing another shot. He looked around it to see if there was anything he could use to his advantage and saw the storage container above the Paladin. He drew in a breath and fired at the cable suspending the container. It was a direct hit and the Paladin collapsed under the sheer weight. Cal moved his scope back to the downed student and his saviour and saw more White Fang members moving in on the two. "Damn it, there are too many for me to pick off by myself" he thought to himself. He paused for a moment and then closed his eyes and began to focus. When he opened his eyes again, two spectral wolves were sitting, clearly anxious for orders. "Nox, protect the girl, Lux, defend the boy" he said to the wolves who eagerly rushed towards the two students.

22Dock Heist Empty Re: Dock Heist Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:14 am

brennie42

brennie42
Freshman
Freshman

Sennen was glad everyone was safe but it seemed that the Paladin had done its job, three students were distracted for an extended period of time. Quartus shot another PILUM round at the Bullhead still hovering above, forcing it to back off of its prey of dust for a while longer yet. As they approached the group of White Fang frantically trying to get the dust reconnected to the Bullhead, they equipped their shields and drew their respective GLADIUS in perfect synchronization and proceeded to open fire on the White Fang.

As he was approaching, however, he did notice that it was odd that the paladin wend down so easily, and that the container used to vanquish it was sitting flat and solid on the ones below.

None of that really should be a concern now, as Tertius ducks behind the other two to line up his PILUM at the bullhead. "Time to go swimming." Sennen muttered as he shot the Bullhead, disabling its right engine and sending it into a tumbling spin ending in a splash. The white fang ground support quickly abandoned that container in search of a more useful position.

23Dock Heist Empty Re: Dock Heist Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:17 am

Orwell Onikisu

Orwell Onikisu
Freshman
Freshman

As the Fang closed in on Orwell, he thought he have to use his Semblance to get out of this mess. But suddenly he heard the sound of gunfire and the fang members fell to the ground he looked in the direction of the shots and saw a young red haired Huntress.

"Thanks!" he called out to her, then saw more White Fang members coming at her. He grabbed Wayfarer and took aim "LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!"

Out of nowhere a large wolf rush in and attacked the Fang he smiled then heard the screaming and snarling he whirled around, switching Wayfarer to it's staff mode and brought up to defensively but saw another wolf taking down more Fang members that had come up behind him.

Orwell rose to his feet and charged the group drawing the blade that was hidden in the staff and worked in tandem with the wolf to drive the enemy off then went off to sever more cords from the remaining six containers he made his way to the red haired young woman.

"I need your help to take down these containers I think there are six left,"he pointed out a warehouse at the end of the docks. "Three are hooked up over there and are taking off and The White Fang are hooking up the last three on the left flank. You take one I'll take the other?"

24Dock Heist Empty Re: Dock Heist Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:32 pm

Coral Erif

Coral Erif
Freshman
Freshman

Coral nodded upon hearing the faunus' suggestion. She wanted to take on the ones that were already leaving but she didn't have the means to take down the bullheads without her red-dust bullets and she isn't accurate enough to sever those chords.

"I'll take on the ones that are hooking up the chords! If you can't take down the bullheads, shoot the chords!" She answered before dashing off.

Nearing the first set, an enemy took a swipe at her with his blade but all he hit was an orange light before he got swatted to the side. The woman continued her charge, not bothering to stop even as she severed one chord and another. Gunfire emerged and she raised her shield, not even bothering to stop as she made her way to the next.

*POW*

A giant metallic fist hit her shield, sending her into the air and her back into the ground. Her aura dropped a considerable amount. Rushing to her feet, she saw her assailant and she blanched.

The last two Paladins stood between her and the last dust container. This time, there weren't any containers above them either.

"Shoot"

25Dock Heist Empty Re: Dock Heist Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:18 pm

iNDiC8

iNDiC8
Freshman
Freshman

Cal began firing at the Paladins but seeing that the bullets did only minimal damage he realized that he was going to need a plan. "If I can get closer, I can hit them with my large caliber bullets, but how can I lure one of them away"? He closed his eyes for a second time and Nox, the wolf protecting the huntress disappeared. "Lux" he shouted over the sound of gunfire "Distract the mech"! The wolf immediately left the side of the hunter and began charging at one of the Atlasean Palidans. Cal, finishing loading in his high caliber rounds saw a gap in between the two Paladins. "You've done well Lux" he said to himself, a tear in his eye as he saw his wolf get crushed under the foot of one of the Paladins. "This is for Lux" he said and fired at the container behind the two mechs. The dust inside ignited almost immediately, with the explosion knocking the Paladins off balance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum