Remnants of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An adventure-based RWBY Role Playing forum for the masses.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dmitri Pavlov

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dmitri Pavlov Empty Dmitri Pavlov Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:07 pm

CoolMusette

CoolMusette
Freshman
Freshman

Name: Dmitri Pavlov
Appearance: Black trench coat and fedora, even on hot days; has a wiry, but very strong build, however is nondescript. He looks unarmed and not very dangerous.
Description of Weapon: Many knives and suppressed pistols hidden about his body.
Aura: Black
Semblance: Knife Mastery, both melee and ranged.
Anything Else: Has a flare for the dramatic.

Last edited by CoolMusette on Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total

2Dmitri Pavlov Empty Re: Dmitri Pavlov Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:22 pm

Raquai Saarworth

Raquai Saarworth
Freshman
Freshman

What does "Knife Mastery" mean? Semblance is supposed to be some power that normal people could not do. http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Semblance. Also, people in trench coats look dangerous/badass or like a twat. there is no in between.

3Dmitri Pavlov Empty Re: Dmitri Pavlov Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:42 am

CoolMusette

CoolMusette
Freshman
Freshman

Throwing knives in such a way that they ricochet around corners, or tossing them into the air and flicking them into the direct center of a target. Being able to spin a knife on his fingers indefinitely. Knowing exactly where to hit a blade to shatter it, and how to not get hit by a knife.

4Dmitri Pavlov Empty Re: Dmitri Pavlov Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:38 am

Raquai Saarworth

Raquai Saarworth
Freshman
Freshman

Sounds a lot like Pyrrha. http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Pyrrha_Nikos

5Dmitri Pavlov Empty Re: Dmitri Pavlov Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:18 am

CoolMusette

CoolMusette
Freshman
Freshman

Pyrrha's semblance is magnetism, which allows her to do somewhat similar things, however Dmitri's semblance gives him an ungodly amount of skill and knowledge of knives and other blades (note it's blades, not any piercing weapons, including guns, however he does have some guns).

Last edited by CoolMusette on Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total

6Dmitri Pavlov Empty Re: Dmitri Pavlov Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:34 am

brennie42

brennie42
Freshman
Freshman

What about most guns, which double as blades?

7Dmitri Pavlov Empty Re: Dmitri Pavlov Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:41 am

CoolMusette

CoolMusette
Freshman
Freshman

Only in blade form.

8Dmitri Pavlov Empty Re: Dmitri Pavlov Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:24 pm

Price Redwood

Price Redwood
Freshman
Freshman

Hello. I would like to ask for more information in the Appearance category. How tall is he? What color is his eyes and hair? how long is his hair? Also, using the descriptions "unarmed and not dangerous" and "nondescript" are very vague descriptions. Remember, it's not just you who needs to know, it's the people you're playing with as well. As for "many knives and pistols", that doesn't give us much description either. What this would effectively allow you to do is have an infinite amount of knives and pistols since there's no set limit. Do these knives use dust? or is there something else about them? can they be used only as throwing knives, or can they be used in close combat? it's things like this we need to know. if you could please edit at least a little bit more into these areas, we can see about maybe approving this character

http://nightwars.darkbb.com

9Dmitri Pavlov Empty Re: Dmitri Pavlov Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:34 pm

CoolMusette

CoolMusette
Freshman
Freshman

There are 347 knives in his trench coat, each easily and quickly accessible, and 6 suppressed pistols, the knives are normal knives of varying length, anywhere from 3-12 inches long. each are balanced for throwing and sturdy enough to fight with in combat, which he can do both with great proficiency. His aura distorts his figure enough that it is difficult to look directly at him, and is very easy to overlook him completely when scanning an area. He is 6 feet tall with a slender build, and has blonde hair and blue eyes, although few notice under the wide brimmed fedora he always wears. There are also 3 6 inch knives in each boot, and a knife hidden in his hat, 4 hidden on his inner thighs and 1 hidden in each armpit. The knives are arranged about his coat in such a way that it provides a decent amount of protection from slashing and bludgeoning weapons.

Last edited by CoolMusette on Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Dmitri Pavlov Empty Re: Dmitri Pavlov Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:49 pm

CoolMusette

CoolMusette
Freshman
Freshman

And he is Chaotic Neutral.

11Dmitri Pavlov Empty Re: Dmitri Pavlov Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:06 pm

iNDiC8

iNDiC8
Freshman
Freshman

Good character but I am wondering about the practicality having 347 knives in his trench coat. That many knives would weigh anywhere from approximately 24 pounds (if they were all 3 inch knives) to approximately 312 pounds (if they were all 12 inch knives). Other than that, he sounds like an awesome character and I look forward to seeing him.

12Dmitri Pavlov Empty Re: Dmitri Pavlov Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:12 pm

CoolMusette

CoolMusette
Freshman
Freshman

Do you know of Rock Lee from Naruto? Similar, but different.

13Dmitri Pavlov Empty Re: Dmitri Pavlov Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:15 pm

iNDiC8

iNDiC8
Freshman
Freshman

Ok, sounds awesome. Looking forward to seeing your character in action.

14Dmitri Pavlov Empty Re: Dmitri Pavlov Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:52 pm

CoolMusette

CoolMusette
Freshman
Freshman

He also carries two 18 inch curved knives on his waist for dual wielding melee, these have dust for fire to cauterize wounds as they are made. However he abhors to throw these. They are named Ardebit and Fraglantia.

15Dmitri Pavlov Empty Re: Dmitri Pavlov Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:52 pm

CoolMusette

CoolMusette
Freshman
Freshman

Dmitri Pavlov Cfbb74d974e0fa4b4def53a8c589af0b

16Dmitri Pavlov Empty Re: Dmitri Pavlov Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:28 pm

Price Redwood

Price Redwood
Freshman
Freshman

alright, 2 things. first, the amount of weapons your character has is outrageous. I've never seen any character, canon or not, have this many potential weapons at their disposal. At most, canonically, there can be a pair of weapons with one having a single form and the other having 1 or 2 forms, for example Blake's Gambol Shroud. Most characters on here will also only have 1 weapon with several forms or 2 weapons with the same limits as Gambol Shroud

Secondly, the ability you have for your aura still confuses me. No character I know of has an aura that effects them physically aside from preventing damage or being used as a type of pulse attack. Semblances are the more physical form of aura, as stated by the 4th World of Remnant episode featured on the DVD/Blu-Ray for volume 2.  So my suggestions are 1: get rid of the extra knives and pistols because not only is it an ungodly amount of weight, but it creates an over powered scenario where you can just keep attacking after your "main" weapons are disarmed. And 2: make the haziness into your Semblance. that way it can be limited to when it is active and has a duration because always being able to be overlooked also creates an OP situation. Aside from that, your character could already have a good mastery of throwing knives to allow them to ricochet off things, or it could be part of your semblance, it's up to you. I will need to differ to Ben Hammaar or Raquai Saarworth because I don't know what they want the rules to be on weapon limits

http://nightwars.darkbb.com

17Dmitri Pavlov Empty Re: Dmitri Pavlov Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:08 pm

CoolMusette

CoolMusette
Freshman
Freshman

He has only one gun, and his form only blurs visually, and only when is is actively using his semblance.

18Dmitri Pavlov Empty Re: Dmitri Pavlov Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:39 pm

Raquai Saarworth

Raquai Saarworth
Freshman
Freshman

Hey. There is a major problem with the amount of daggers on his person and with the semblance. Even well trained assassin won't have more then 3-5 hidden daggers on their person. Now if your inspiration was Penny, keep in mind she has been established as a robot. Not only that but she had a total of about 12 blades. So 300+ daggers is outright ridiculous. I am OK with your character not having a morph-able weapon, but make sure it has limits. I would also point out that most fighters would not want the woulds to be cauterized. Yes it makes them not heal well, but someone with a healing semblance doesn't care and in hand to hand combat, you want to maximize instant damage, therefore you want to try and make them bleed out as quickly as possible.

As for your aura and semblance. Aura glows when your semblance is used but as far as we know, that is all it does. Correct me if I am wrong but the canon has not given us any reason to believe that aura does anything but augment one's own strength dexterity and so on. Semblance is an active ability and quickly exhausts you, but has some power that could be defined as "Magic" So ungodly knife skills would be out. You could have it distort your own image. Or change the power of your aura to that of your active semblance. "His Semblance hides him from a passive search meaning unless you are looking for him directly you won't see him." It lends a type of invisibility and wouldn't be too powerful.

I understand you want a badass character, but thee are lots of ways to make someone badass with making them undefeatable or just plain silly.

19Dmitri Pavlov Empty Re: Dmitri Pavlov Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:54 am

CoolMusette

CoolMusette
Freshman
Freshman

"Aura glows when your semblance is used but as far as we know, that is all it does." Rwby's aura drops rose petals, and Yang's aura lights her hair on fire, so what is wrong with my aura blurring? "Semblance is an active ability and quickly exhausts you, but has some power that could be defined as "Magic" So ungodly knife skills would be out." It gives him an inhuman amount of skill with knives, to the point that if someone else were to devote their entire lives, to the exclusion of everything else, to the art of knives, they wouldn't be anywhere near a fair fight with him. Such a feat could be achieved with a type of super speed, but his is only with knives.

Attacking him with knives is suicide, but coming at him with a different type of weapon, and their own semblance that augments their own fighting would be a fair fight. Pyrrha would be able to defeat him because her semblance is Polarity and would be able to make all the knives miss, and so it isn't too powerful.

20Dmitri Pavlov Empty Re: Dmitri Pavlov Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:13 pm

Raquai Saarworth

Raquai Saarworth
Freshman
Freshman

CoolMusette wrote:"Aura glows when your semblance is used but as far as we know, that is all it does." Rwby's aura drops rose petals, and Yang's aura lights her hair on fire, so what is wrong with my aura blurring?
I don't mind if it glows black, but blurring your form is a second ability separate from your semblance, meaning that you have 2 powers.

CoolMusette wrote:"Semblance is an active ability and quickly exhausts you, but has some power that could be defined as "Magic" So ungodly knife skills would be out." It gives him an inhuman amount of skill with knives, to the point that if someone else were to devote their entire lives, to the exclusion of everything else, to the art of knives, they wouldn't be anywhere near a fair fight with him. Such a feat could be achieved with a type of super speed, but his is only with knives.

Attacking him with knives is suicide, but coming at him with a different type of weapon, and their own semblance that augments their own fighting would be a fair fight. Pyrrha would be able to defeat him because her semblance is Polarity and would be able to make all the knives miss, and so it isn't too powerful.

Pyrrha must have come into contact with the weapon in question before hand so no she couldn't block all of them. Your Semblance is a problem because every character fights with their own skill. Even Raquai fights with his own skill, he just expands the way his weapon can be used in order to guard. Your character on the other hand has MASSIVE potential to kill anyone from any distance with hardly a thought because he can just toss a knife and get it past someone's guard. And you still haven't addressed the ridiculous number of knives you have. right now your character has more knives and more skill then any fictional character... ever.

21Dmitri Pavlov Empty Re: Dmitri Pavlov Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:57 pm

brennie42

brennie42
Freshman
Freshman

Be careful here Raquai, dropping absolutes is dangerous business. I could find you many examples of characters that can materialize near infinite amounts of weapons at will and throw them all at you at once. The character I'm seeing evlove here is not as overpowered as you would make it out to be. He does knives, to the exclusion of a lot of other things. But mostly he won't be fighting people who have knives, and he doesn't have any other abilities to back it up. On the subject of aura, I'm not sure you've read this (http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Aura) because it says something completely different from what you are saying. You may also want to read the page on semblance because Yang's hair appearing to be on fire and her eyes changing color are both a part of her semblance.

22Dmitri Pavlov Empty Re: Dmitri Pavlov Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:32 pm

Raquai Saarworth

Raquai Saarworth
Freshman
Freshman

Aye. But her hair being on fire and Eyes changing color does not effect one's vision of her. I could concede and say that maybe his edges are soft, but not to the extent that it effects one's ability to combat him.

Also, please consider that as an admin one has to ensure that there is no way to overpower the character, and I do that by going through several scenarios with that character in my head. Right now it seems very easy for Vladmir To overpower any foe he chooses, but as both of you insist that he is not to powerful I will let the character stand. However, this goes with a warning. If Vladmir starts getting too powerful and you refuse to nerf him, I will not hesitate to kill him off.

Summary: The character is fine, don't let him get powerful.

23Dmitri Pavlov Empty Re: Dmitri Pavlov Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:43 pm

CoolMusette

CoolMusette
Freshman
Freshman

I rp very reactionary, and won't break him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum